Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocko and Loki wont touch their pellets I have put a little bit of seed in with it but they finished all the seed and wont touch the pellets but yeah there was a few pellets on the floor of the cage and Loki is searching for food and eats them but wont take them from the bowl I have given them nothing but pellets since this morning its the afternoon now and they had a leaf of kale hanging and ate the whole thing well im guessing Loki at it all to herself because Rocko is very stubborn sometimes he looks at food and reaches in for it then just pulls back.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
To get Joey started on them, I'd hand feed them as treats. What was untouchable in the food dish was pretty cool when it was hand fed piece by piece as a treat. It didn't take long until he was eating them like a champ. Any time I introduce a new brand or style, I start him out hand feeding because he associates that with treats. Of course, all of his hand fed treats are pellets, but if he thinks they are something special by hand although he eats them from his dish, I will keep doing it, so his treats are healthy.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
You can also try nutriberries. They have the same nutritional equivalent of pellets and a lot of tiels seem to like them better. I have to break mine up for my tiel but in their round form it's supposed to encourage foraging, etc.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can also try nutriberries. They have the same nutritional equivalent of pellets and a lot of tiels seem to like them better. I have to break mine up for my tiel but in their round form it's supposed to encourage foraging, etc.
It doesn't matter they eat their pellets now thanks anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts