Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I need to transfer some cockatiel from an aviary to another. Half of them were raised by hand and I habe no problem with, but the others are completely wild and I don't know how to catch them without hurting them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can you confine them to a smaller area? I had great success with a towel if you can get in with them.I would take out as many removable bits first. My finch aviary is smaller and I have a net but haven't needed to use it yet. They are much smaller though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use a homemade net made from a wire coat hanger bent to a rough circle and I put a pillow case over it and stitch it to the wire. for a handle you can use an off cut of pvc pipe or something similar.
It is much easier as previous stated if you remove as many perches as possible

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be able to confine them to a smaller area. Thanks! Also the home made net. Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, a net is definitely my weapon of choice when trying to catch aviary birds. Confining them to a smaller space definitely does help, but a good net (not one where they can get their claws and wings tangled) and a little bit of agility will usually do the trick lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts