Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Kind of an odd question, but if your REALLY into birds ( cockatiels in particular ) Nothing that I know of would be considered hard and I have 12! If you plan on say one or two birds, cleaning the cage 2 to 3 times in a seven day week is about the hardest. I can tell you tiels CAN ( and will be messy ) they throw food on the floor and expect to sweep up around the cage on a daily basis. You should plan for a good healthy diet and supply them with toys in there cage. Fresh water and food twice each day. Now for the good parts. If your lucky enough to get a bird that will truly bond with you, You've got a feathered buddy for life! I would HIGHLY recommend you get one that's young and has been HAND FED and TAMED. This make things for you and the bird much easier! Just remember that the males are one's that CAN learn to talk and whistle. The females can really be sweet (loving) birds but tend to just chirp and gabber. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.