Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Our vet impressed upon us how serious he takes absolutely any wet sneezing.

But in the absence of any other symptoms, how much should we be worried about just one sneeze?

This morning Winnie sneezed on my face and I could feel that it was wet. But otherwise she seems fine, not puffy, poos normal, active and singing.

What do you think? We don't want to be rushing to the vet for every little thing.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried. Sometimes they have a wet sneeze. Unless it's followed by other symptoms of noticeable illness, I would not worry

·
Registered
334 Posts
I wouldn't worry about one off wet sneezes... Maxi has very kindly (!) wet sneezed on my cheek when she's been on my shoulder. It's just one of those things... I'd worry if it was a continuing thing/other symptoms appearing..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Unlike Maxi who has kindly given a cheek sneeze, Percy has gotten me straight on in the face with a wet spray blast - but it's just been an occasional single-shot so not a sign of illness. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Miso is known for his wet sneezes. He gets all sniffly when he cuddles with us (he LOVES to cuddle and will get right up in your face hair) and then he sneezes all over you and every time it's wet. We just got a blood test results back and he's perfectly healthy though, so I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts