Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought this scale this afternoon and weighed all the fids.

Missy = 112g
Ozzie = 88g
Harriet the Budgie = 51g

I always thought Ozzie was bigger than Missy! He's a well-muscled bird, as is Missy, but I always thought he felt larger.

How much do your 'tiels weigh?

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Im gonna get a scale and weigh my birds Rocko is very big I wonder how much he weighs that scale you got is similiar to the one im getting.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Milo is still a baby, only 9 weeks old, but he weighs a whopping 75gm :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Paula I would love to see a photo of Milo. I have a digital postal scale that can convert to grams, maybe I ought to see if I can weigh Francis on it. I forget how much he weighed when I brought him for his first check up but they used a digital scale too.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Sunny -- 98g
Odette -- 83g
Roo -- 115g (HOW is this the same bird I've had to repeatedly tube feed to keep her from starving to death? She's actually kind of chubby now but I can't bring myself to make her lose weight with her history of digestive issues. >.<)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. Where did you get the scale from? I've had my beautiful tiel for 3 years now and I have no idea how much he weighs. He has had avian check-ups, but strangely they have never weighed him.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I have 9...I may have their averages memorized.

Kirk: 85 g
Luna: 78 g
Taz: 85 g
Mac: 82 g
Kuuky: 98 g
Violet: 76 g
Amaria: 98 g
Pearl: 82 g
Torino: 85 g

Kuuky has weighed 102 g previously. And Amar once weighed in at 62 g when I took him home to provide him emergency supportive care.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Where did you get the scale from? I've had my beautiful tiel for 3 years now and I have no idea how much he weighs. He has had avian check-ups, but strangely they have never weighed him.
I picked it up at WalMart! :)

Missy weighed in at 115g this afternoon.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Paula I would love to see a photo of Milo. I have a digital postal scale that can convert to grams, maybe I ought to see if I can weigh Francis on it. I forget how much he weighed when I brought him for his first check up but they used a digital scale too.
Here is a pic of him a the day I brought him home. He seems like such a wee one. The postage scale would work fine, that is what my old scale was, but it was old and gave out.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts