Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An extra large economy flight cage from drsfosterandsmith?
It's already on its way in the mail! :)

Here are the dimensions:
23" L x 37" W x 47" H

Still haven't gotten my 2 babies from the breeder yet which we will get probably next weekend (SQUEEEE!!! :) :) :) ) But I was just thinking about maybe in the future once the babies are settled in, adopting some birds from shelters and rescues. My heart goes out to them and I'm also curious about expanding my flock in the future.
So how many tiels can I have in this cage?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Totally depends on how well they get along. I would say up to four, IF they all like each other, but unfortunately that's impossible to predict before you actually put them together.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
no more than four like others said :) when birds live together they really like their space.
and if they're not best buds than probably just 2-3.
i have a massive flight cage with three birds (two bonded, one not) and that space works well for me. i could probably add one more if i wanted, but only if it was friends with the others.
when they aren't friends they like a lot more space ;)

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Remember, the birds have to be able to stretch their wings out straight...this means four tiels would need to stretch their wings out side to side in that cage. And tiels have personal bubbles that they do not like to be invaded.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
They DEFINITELY have personal space "bubbles"! When I had seven tiels, no way could I leave them locked up together in any cage for more than five minutes. Even my double flight cage was too small for that, because they would start to bicker. My current four are okay together in the double flight now, but I still keep the door open most of the time because they are in their own bird-safe room. Bandit, my wf male, gets super cranky a lot of the time and it's better for everyone if he has his space!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I currently have four in a double flight cage too able to be out most of the day and there still can be minor spats on space. Tink likes to nip tails. Bird makes sure every recognizes his person space, he sounds a lot like Bandit that way actually, ha. It really depends on how they all get along together, but I almost would say three, four if they have solid out of cage time.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Even still, your CockatielꞋs will love the cage, even if you were to only get one more and not however many it is that you would like to get. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts