Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm curious how many birds you own and what types of birds? I think the max I could ever handle is 2 birds... I'm not sure... curious to hear what others have :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I have three tiels. In my experience, three is not that different from two, except vet bills could potentially be more expensive if they all got sick at once.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I only have one tiel, as I like the bonding with just one. I also have a parakeet who is not tame- she and Milo talk to one another also.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have 7 birds I actually own, plus 2 fosters and the chick I'm hand feeding. That's 7 cockatiels, plus the cockatiel chick, a green cheek conure, and the lovebird :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey the normal grey tiel is an only child. We're in a 'no pets' building, but the owner says she and her husband actually go on a case by case basis, and let us have him here. When we move, I'd like to get a house so we don't have to worry about noise, and get him a sibling.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Joey the normal grey tiel is an only child. We're in a 'no pets' building, but the landlord/owner says she and her husband actually go on a case by case basis, and let us have him here. When we move, I'd like to get a house so we don't have to worry about noise, and get him a sibling.
Dont you mean landlady

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have two tiels, both males named Sammy and Pickles. I also have 8 finches (four gouldians, two blue capped cordon bleus, and two red breasted parrot finches). Next Saturday is the local bird mart so the number of birds I have will go up depending on what I fall in love with at the mart. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have one tiel, 2 canaries and 4 zebra finches. One pair of finches has babies who are nearly fledged. I can't wait to see them. Update: I now have 9 zebra finches. They seem easier to breed than tiels. Just left them to it. The babies are so cute.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have 6 birds all up! 4 cockatiels (odie, luna, zoe & chicken), a green cheek conure (bandit) and a rainbow lorikeet (oscar).

I love them all!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I try not to count them, then I don't have to face up to the fact that the numbers keep growing lol. But right now I have 17 adult tiels, 3 young, an alexandrine parrot and 4 laying hens.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG, I didn't realize so many here have so many birds! How on earth do you manage to deal with all that POOP!?!? :eek: =)

I'm am a HUGE clean freak. I currently have one tiel and thinking of getting another bird next year.... I'm trying to figure out if I could handle having 2 tiels and one GCC... but I'm very concerned about having 3 times the amount of poop everywhere lol. I don't know about that one :(

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
OMG, I didn't realize so many here have so many birds! How on earth do you manage to deal with all that POOP!?!? :eek: =)

I'm am a HUGE clean freak. I currently have one tiel and thinking of getting another bird next year.... I'm trying to figure out if I could handle having 2 tiels and one GCC... but I'm very concerned about having 3 times the amount of poop everywhere lol. I don't know about that one :(
Some birds dont like to poop everywhere and go near their cage my tiels do that and Tiko dosent like pooping in her cage lol so she does it on tissue outside her cage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I only have one tiel. But he propably thinks we have two, as he would count his friend in the mirror.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Poop isn't really that big of a deal with me. It's just part of owning birds. It happens, but it's very easy to clean up :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You get used to the poop and the seed and pellets. I jokingly say my native american name is 'Stepping on Birdseed' :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am a one-bird owner right now. Although I'd love to experience rescuing other parrots I can't see myself getting any soon. There's the money, the space blah blah, but also the fact that Murray is currently an amazing only-bird. She and I have got a great bond and I'd hesitate to upset that balance unless I was totally certain, which I'm not...yet!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I try not to count them, then I don't have to face up to the fact that the numbers keep growing lol. But right now I have 17 adult tiels, 3 young, an alexandrine parrot and 4 laying hens.
Wow OMG! :) 17 tiels??? Why is that making me feel like a chicken to be worried about whether I can handle 2 tiels and one GCC. LOL.. wow that is a lot birds you have. I would probably, no wait... I would definitely end up in a nuthouse with that many birds hehe.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts