Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just wanted to post and say hello. I miss participating in the forums with you guys. I try to post what and when I can, especially because a few of you guys asked me to stick around, but I don't have too much to contribute now that I'm without a tiel. I miss Rocko a lot. I know it was the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any less hard.

So, anyway... how have you guys been? Anything new in life? How are your fids? As for me, I graduated high school about two weeks ago and I got the very first job I applied for, so I'm excited about that. It's a cashier job in a pharmacy, perfect for me because it'a a calm, quiet environment. It'll be full time until fall, when I'm switching to part-time so I have time for school. I'm going to university and majoring in operations management, minoring in business. Operations management is basically the jack-of-all-trades type manager... they keep the business flowing on a day-to-day basis, are expected to minimize waste, and they're put in charge of lots of miscellaneous things like creating budgets, coming up with advertising strategies, and taking care of recruitment. I hope I do well in it.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Okay, well, I graduated high school last Friday, I'm going to be getting my snake Medusa back for good (woohoo!) and I'm going to be doing an online college for animal training and enrichment. I plan to find a job either at The Bird Shop, Parrot Planet or a nearby reptile store, but that's open at the moment, so I'm pretty much in the same place you are!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, well, I graduated high school last Friday, I'm going to be getting my snake Medusa back for good (woohoo!) and I'm going to be doing an online college for animal training and enrichment. I plan to find a job either at The Bird Shop, Parrot Planet or a nearby reptile store, but that's open at the moment, so I'm pretty much in the same place you are!
That's awesome! Congrats on your graduation, and I hope college goes well for you. What happened to your snake?

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I gave her to a my old teacher's young son when he was little and very in love with her, but then he turned 13, became interested in girls and didn't want her anymore, so when I stopped by her room to tell her I'm graduating early, she offered her back to me

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yaaay for all the great news :D Congrats!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave her to a my old teacher's young son when he was little and very in love with her, but then he turned 13, became interested in girls and didn't want her anymore, so when I stopped by her room to tell her I'm graduating early, she offered her back to me
Oh, wow! I'm happy for you, I bet she'll be happy to be back home. I didn't know you were graduating *early*, but now that I think about it, you are younger than me. What, you just that smart or something? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Yes, I was a little ahead of everybody, and I had a special schedule that let me go a few weeks ahead.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Congrats on graduating and the job! Congrats to Stephanie for graduating too. I'd post about mine, but it was a while ago (1989), so it is a bit old news. :D

Things are going pretty good here. We moved at the end of April, about 15 miles away from where we were, to get away from the insanity of the trains in our old town. My mother in law will be here in 13 days for a little over two weeks. We always have a great time with her. We're on the countdown to our vacation at the end of September. Um... working lots, mostly life as usual. :D

It is good seeing you. :) I'm glad you pop in. Even if you don't have 'new' stories to post, you still have an amazing amount of knowledge and information to pass along.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on graduating and the job! Congrats to Stephanie for graduating too. I'd post about mine, but it was a while ago (1989), so it is a bit old news. :D

Things are going pretty good here. We moved at the end of April, about 15 miles away from where we were, to get away from the insanity of the trains in our old town. My mother in law will be here in 13 days for a little over two weeks. We always have a great time with her. We're on the countdown to our vacation at the end of September. Um... working lots, mostly life as usual. :D

It is good seeing you. :) I'm glad you pop in. Even if you don't have 'new' stories to post, you still have an amazing amount of knowledge and information to pass along.
Aw, thank you so much :)

I hope you have a great time with your family! My family is at a stage where we don't know how much time we'll get to spend with my sister and her boyfriend, since he's out of college now and took a job offer, they'll be moving far away before we know it. Family is important, and it's great that you recognize that. A lot of people don't (especially their in-laws ;)). Sounds like you guys are keeping busy though! Better busy than bored, I think. Nobody ever looks back on life and says "wow, I have too many good memories."

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Congrats! Amz and Stephanie on graduating High School, are you missing it yet :p

The only good thing I can think of that's happened lately is my sister and nephew coming down for a few days, only got to see them for a few hours but it was still great since I hadn't seen them for a little over a year. My nephew is growing up to fast though, I miss when he was little and would cling to me and wouldn't let me go anywhere, annoying at the time though :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Honestly, no, it still hasn't hit me yet. I left so unceremoniously it doesn't really feel like it ended. But thank you guys!

Lexi, I feel like I hijacked your thread :p

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, no, it still hasn't hit me yet. I left so unceremoniously it doesn't really feel like it ended. But thank you guys!

Lexi, I feel like I hijacked your thread :p
No you're totally fine! :p The point of the thread is to hear how you guys are doing, not to have people comment on my life. I wanna hear everything. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts