Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's some combination of Lutino and Whiteface but I know you can't expect to get one by just crossing a Lutino and a Whiteface. Do you have to have one or both that are Lutino split for White face

·
Registered
756 Posts
well... to get White face both parents have to be visual and or split whiteface... being visual more likely to get whitefaces...

and dad has to be at least split lutino to get lutino females... and if mom is lutino also (only visual) then you could end up with lutino males....

lutino to lutino is not recommended for future breeding issues as bald spots... so a whiteface female with a whiteface lutino males should do it

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought if I bred a Lutino male to a Whiteface hen I would get female Lutinos split to Whiteface and normal grey males split to Whiteface.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
To produce a Whiteface Lutino hen, both parents must carry Whiteface with the male being either Lutino or split Lutino. To produce a Whiteface Lutino cock, the hen must also be Lutino.

And yes if you bred a Lutino male to a Whiteface hen you will get Lutino females split to Whiteface and grey males split to Whiteface, Lutino.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. So I have to breed my Lutino male to one of my Whiteface hens. Then breed one of the hens I get to a Whiteface male split to lutino and I'm home free! Whew!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts