Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a cockatiel the other day and I don't know how to make him trust me or bond with me. He will eat millet while I am holding it but only that. I tried to get him to eat a sunflower seed from my fingers so I can start working with him but he just ran away and hissed at me... Several times....
How do I get him to trust me? Pls help!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok lol so I made two posts about this so im gonna shut this one down. If anyone has any comments pls add to my other post "Need bonding help!!!!!!" Thanks for your help everyone!
Don’t worry, he will get close to you. We had a cockatiel for 10 years, and she got really close to me. However, when we brought her home 10 years ago, she was very quiet and distant..Time will help...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don’t worry, he will get close to you. We had a cockatiel for 10 years, and she got really close to me. However, when we brought her home 10 years ago, she was very quiet and distant..Time will help...
Unfortunately Tiki is dead. He died on the 14th, we are thinking that it was something he got into him. We had an exterminator come out and it happened to be a bit very pet friendly one and we think he had something on his shoes and Tiki ate a seed that the guy stepped on or something. But he is not longer with us thats all I know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately Tiki is dead. He died on the 14th, we are thinking that it was something he got into him. We had an exterminator come out and it happened to be a bit very pet friendly one and we think he had something on his shoes and Tiki ate a seed that the guy stepped on or something. But he is not longer with us thats all I know.
So sorry about Tiki (nice name!). Birds pass away quite suddenly, as ours did too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.