Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
561 - 580 of 585 Posts
If you're new here, how did you get here? Let us know how you found out about us! (Word-of-mouth, other website, search engine, etc.).
new here to a 1 yr old male white-faced dragon, hector. i have been curious to learn as much as possible about behavior, training, and advice. hector has been with me since december, so it has been a few months.

just curious if anyone has advice for a tiel that 100 times out of 100 chooses my (male) partner over me. i am the one who feeds him, gives him treats, spends roughly 6-8 hrs with him on my shoulder (i work from home), but hector completely always prefers to sit on my partner's shoulder, bows to him, sings for him, and never bites him. unfortunately, he has bit me on more than a few occasions (not enough to draw blood). my theory is hector prefers my partner since his previous owner/breeder was male, but i could be wrong...

any advice would be super helpful and wondering if this will shift with time or is my bird just imprinted to prefer male owners?

Bird Plant Beak Yellow Wood

Bird Beak Cockatoo Parrot Feather

I was searching for information about unusually colored babies I had seen (see "Black Cockatiel."), and your site was listed. As a cockatiel lover, thanks to wonderful Pepper, I had to investigate you site and join.

Hi my name Wasabi.

I think I am about 3-4 months old, all gray. I am so glad I have found this forum dedicated to me exclusively. I have a big sister mini Pitbull at my house that adores me and licks her lips every time I leave my cage. I have two teenagers looking after me, along with an 11 year old veterinary-to-be and a 9 year old that loves and adores me. My papa is a grump but my mama is as gentle as mamas can be. I found this website when papa was eager to learn more about my breed. He was actually looking for a book to read and came across this wonderful forum. Thank you all for such a warm welcome, once I figure out how and where to best post a photo I will be sharing a selfie or two, for now this intro is the best I can do.

I am so excited to join this community that my crest is up-UP.

Hello. "hello"

561 - 580 of 585 Posts