Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...stop Dooby from landing on the light shade? I don't really care about the shade itself, I just don't want Dooby to bite the wires, so I'd rather not have him land on there at all. I've made him get off everytime and said "No" to him in a firm voice, but the little darling (gritted teeth) doesn't seem to grasp that. LOL!! So, if you have any tips to try and get him to stay away from the shade, I'd be really grateful.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Squirty bottle or a water pistol. Set it to stream and use a different coloured one to what you mist him with so it's not associated. That's how i keep my guys off the wooden photo frames. :p Aim and FIRE!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Oh Bea I never even though of that...lol I have the same problem with georgie she has DESTOYED the wood panelling across the dining room it now looks awful the little stinker and I can't keep her away from it everytime I take her out she goes right to it no matter how many times I remove her, I am sure my landlord is going to love me if I ever move out :p it is so noticeable I am going to have to try and restain it so its not so noticeable. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I went with the squirt method because my guys were flying up to chew every time i sat down. :p Now i can get them down from right across the room without standing up.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved..............I've took the shade off! I put it on the floor for him to play with and he doesn't want it now!! It was all a great big game. Oh, yeah, he'll be saying "Naughty Dooby!" soon, I expect. LOL.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Problem solved..............I've took the shade off! I put it on the floor for him to play with and he doesn't want it now!! It was all a great big game. Oh, yeah, he'll be saying "Naughty Dooby!" soon, I expect. LOL.
:p He only wants what he can't have. Must be a bird thing, my budgies are like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts