Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for reply :yes:
from 1 year ago i got 3 clutch from this pair until now every single clutch i had got 1 lutino tiels but i have a problem to identify the gender now i have 3 tials
1- 10 months old
2-5 months old
3- 2 months old
the question is would all this birds females or what ?
and how can i know the gender of lutino tiels .

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Since it's possible you can get either sex of lutino babies from your pair, the only true reliable way to sex them is by getting a DNA test done... unless you wait for them to mature.

There are various methods such as wing spot sexing (diagram linked here), but you can't use this method until they've molted, same with looking at the underside of the tail feathers for barred markings which indicates female but all juveniles will look the same until they mature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please i will upload the photo of checks of my beautiful pair to know the ginder and if they are split
No 1 has 3 months and half
So what are you think about it?

Thanks alot and i appreciate your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aah O K Thanks
So i have another check which 10 month old see if u can tell me the gender and split of it
Note: i nevdr heared it singing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the male is grey split to lutino and the hen a visual lutino ... so all check with visual lutino color are males or what should i asume ...
And if u explane to me what should i consider to know the gended of checks of this pair
I am so sorry for all of this questions

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Is the 'tiel in your 2nd batch of photos a lutino pearl? The lighting isn't great but I think I can make out some pearling in the 1st photo. So I would assume female for the 10 month old 'tiel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.