Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is your bird flighted or clipped?

Seems like it should be okay to me. Is your bird flighted or clipped, though? If he's clipped, it might help to add more perches and maybe some ropes or ladders so he can get around easier since it's so tall. Usually getting wide cages is better than tall ones, but this one should be okay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since I saw you found a Liberta cage I got a Liberta Oregon Flight Cage like 3 weeks ago and I'm super happy with it as well as Kana also.

You can check it here to see the actual size http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?p=1283058

I went for a simpler cage as I prefer width over height and the bar spacing on most cages is quite big so I preferred to play it safe. This one has a 9mm spacing that is actually less than what a cockatiel should have but my bird is moving around like a darn cockroach without having a problem :D

Best regards, Noekeon & Kana!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.

He can fly.

Noekeon I really like that cage & the width is very appealing, I've put it to the top of my list. I will keep you posted :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sweet, just take a note on the bar spacing as it's small some of my perches wouldn't fit they were for bigger bar spacing so I had to go grab some new ones to adjust it..

Best regards, Noekeon & Kana!

·
Registered
507 Posts
The bar spacing on that cage looks to be too big. The minimum is listed as 3/4" but possibly bigger. I wouldn't be comfortable with anything bigger than 5/8" (~16mm).

The cages linked above are great, they are the same as the A&E flight cages which are very very popular in North America :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts