Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I teach Rocko and Loki not to fly on top of the door or Tiko's cage or anywhere they aren't allowed.I know lots of people have done this.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I had a friend who found something her tiels were scared of (in her case it was those stickers that go on windows, in the shape of gingerbread men) and put them in the places that she didn't want her birds to go.

Repetition is also key. They land somewhere you don't want them to, move them to a place that's OK for them to land and give them a treat. Tiels can be very food motivated, so they'll associate the place you want them to land with treats.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I use gold tinsel garland for a Christmas tree on the top of my flat screen tv to keep my tiel from landing there.. He used to love to sit there and he would poop down the back of it :eek:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I move them when they go somewhere I dont want them to but I heard some birds are actually trained not to go there.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Try the things I suggested, they will help to "train" your tiels. Birds aren't like dogs, they don't understand "no" so redirecting is the best way to get them to learn what's right and what's not.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try the things I suggested, they will help to "train" your tiels. Birds aren't like dogs, they don't understand "no" so redirecting is the best way to get them to learn what's right and what's not.
Ill give it a try thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts