Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remington is 8 months old and almost done with his 1st molt. He has started singing to anything reflective and the last few days has started what sounds like flock calling. He usually only does that when my daughter leaves the room. I hope you can see the video. Is this hormone related?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remington is 8 months old and almost done with his 1st molt. He has started singing to anything reflective and the last few days has started what sounds like flock calling. He usually only does that when my daughter leaves the room. I hope you can see the video. Is this hormone related?

The people in the family are all members of his flock. When a member of the flock leaves the room, your bird is making a calling sound so you can find your way back to him. It’s the way they do it in the wild.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The people in the family are all members of his flock. When a member of the flock leaves the room, your bird is making a calling sound so you can find your way back to him. It’s the way they do it in the wild.
I should have clarified, he does the flock call when my daughter leaves the room normally. Now he has incorporated the same call into his singing routine. He sings his song and then does about 4 calls really loud. At this point we are all in the same room. I wondered if he was hoping some bird mate would come to his calls?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I should have clarified, he does the flock call when my daughter leaves the room normally. Now he has incorporated the same call into his singing routine. He sings his song and then does about 4 calls really loud. At this point we are all in the same room. I wondered if he was hoping some bird mate would come to his calls?
That calling whistle is annoying but it’s funny that he incorporates it into his song. Back in the 90’s I had 3 tiels and I had read that if you want to teach your birds to talk or sing quickly to make a tape that repeats each phrase or song 10x. The article suggested to play it when you leave your home or at night when they’re going to bed. It worked so well that everything they whistled or said from then on they repeated 10x! Talk about annoying!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That calling whistle is annoying but it’s funny that he incorporates it into his song. Back in the 90’s I had 3 tiels and I had read that if you want to teach your birds to talk or sing quickly to make a tape that repeats each phrase or song 10x. The article suggested to play it when you leave your home or at night when they’re going to bed. It worked so well that everything they whistled or said from then on they repeated 10x! Talk about annoying!
That is hilarious!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.