Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Hormone reduction-under the desk okay?

969 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  budgieandtiel 
#1 ·
So I figured it's about time I got started on hormone reduction with Shiraarat. We have a few reflective surfaces in this room, and he does heart wings often. I've even seen him do heart wings when my parakeet is around him.
I was looking at the hormone reduction sticky, and realized that he HAS been getting nesty lately. I've been changing around the arrangement in every area where he tries to nest so that he can no longer fit into the corner there. The issue is that I let him sit and preen and nap on my knee while I sit at my desk. There are times where when I don't notice him at my feet, he'll take matters into his own hands and climb up our speaker or our PC and perch on top of there. All of these spots are dark and cozy. Would this interfere with hormone reduction?
I don't want to stop him from sitting on my knee under the desk , (much less distracting than when he flies on and off my shoulder), but I will if it comes in the way of hormone reduction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.