Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is Sunny…she’s about 10 months old and is a pure delight… lately she’s aggressive and I’m wondering if that’s hormonal behaviour? she bites at her back all the time too and thrashes her head around as though she’s really itchy…should I give her a bath daily or? ….I’m taking her to the vet to make sure she’s ok…

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
779 Posts
Are you sure she's biting her back and not preening her feathers? That's where the preen gland is on their back. Being aggressive (if it's all of a sudden COULD be hormonal) but I think it's a good idea for a vet check up. Keep us posted.
Robert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure she's biting her back and not preening her feathers? That's where the preen gland is on their back. Being aggressive (if it's all of a sudden COULD be hormonal) but I think it's a good idea for a vet check up. Keep us posted.
Robert
Looks like she’s biting at something rather than preening but she does preen too at the same time. That’s how I‘ve picked up the difference. We’re off to the vet tomorrow so will keep you posted! couldn’t get in earlier. Thanks for replying 😌

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like she’s biting at something rather than preening but she does preen too at the same time. That’s how I‘ve picked up the difference. We’re off to the vet tomorrow so will keep you posted! couldn’t get in earlier. Thanks for replying 😌
Been to vet. Appears hormonal, other than that she got a clean bill of health! 😁
need to change her to budgie food and not touch her back. Budgie food has reduced carbohydrates which will help with her hormonal issues …who knew! (Well I didn’t lol) …

1 - 5 of 5 Posts