Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an easy recipe for those honey seed sticks that our babies love so much...I haven't done them in a while and thought of adding the recipe here. I'll be making some tommorrow.

You'll need...
1 and a bit cup of parrot seed mix
1 ts honey
1 whole egg (I use the shell as well)
Chopped veggies or fruits optional- make sure they are very dry pref. precooked to eliminate as much of the liquid as possible. I like to use dried cranberries, raisins, etc.

Directions
Preheat Oven to 100-120
Mix all ingredients together untill well mixed
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Evenly spread mixture into pan
Bake in oven 45 mins or until knife comes out clean
Completly cool before serving

Use a muffin pan or any shape you'd like. Cut if needed and freeze remainder for up to a month. Mine never last that long anyway...:)

ENJOY!

Nancy from TB came up with this toy/treat idea-

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thats a great treat idea Nancy has some people are so smart :D Thanks for sharing that Aly mine could never look that good...hehe but its nice to see some people with talent.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is such a good idea! I am making all my presents this year crafts and baked goods and whatnot I am thinking that would be awesome to include in Bill's mom's present for her Tiel's

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That is such a good idea! I am making all my presents this year crafts and baked goods and whatnot I am thinking that would be awesome to include in Bill's mom's present for her Tiel's
It would be. I'm making some now- Might not make it into that toy since I don't have the muffin paper cups right now. Correction on the temp- my electric oven only goes to 170F...the lowest temp is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts