Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since Cookie left us, Honey has been acting weirdly. She won't come out of the cage and she doesn't seem to trust me anymore. She will eat from my hands but she always hisses at it when I put it inside the cage. She seems to be more lonely then ever, and she doesn't want my attention. She just communicates with the budgies and sits on her pot preening her feathers. She doesn't have any toys at the moment, because I threw them all way since they were covered with bird poop. I can't make any new ones at the moment cause I don't have the stuff. I don't want her to be this lonely and I want her to be what she was, all lively and happy. She won't even have a bath, cause she runs away when I mist her. She does it in her tiny water bowl (its tiny for her, not really tiny). I don't have any shallow dish to fill with water, so I am basically stuck. Should I do the training process all over again. That would be a real pain, since it took me more than a year to train her. What do I do?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Start over from scratch. Whatever happened to Cookie has really affected her. She needs to be reminded that you aren't the bad guy. It won't be as bad as the first time, since she still eats from your hand, but it's going to take patience.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be that bad, cause when I got her, she was already eating from my hands. So it doesn't make much of a difference. But if that is what it takes, I will try it.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
She may be acting that way because she is grieving over the loss of Cookie. Were they very bonded?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, they were mating. Honey had once laid eggs, but they all broke so I had to dispose of them. Honey and Cookie fought a lot, but they were besties. They would eat together, sleep together, play together, even have baths together. I know that honey is grieving over the loss of Cookie, but that was two months ago. She should be normal by now.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. But I can't wait the whole year. So I am currently trying the training process all over again. I haven't got far, though. I would have waited, but I don't want honey's entire year to be lonely and sad. So I think waiting is a waste of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts