Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away from Thursday until Monday, visiting family. I left Bennie with a friend of mine. I hate to leave him, but it isn't always possible to take him with me. Well, I was very glad to get him back last evening! I got to my place, but had to wait until my friend got home from work. I got 3 phone calls before hers and each time it was like, OH, I hope that's her! Finally she called and I went and picked him up. But when I got him home, he was decidedly "cool" towards me, like, How dare you leave me? But this morning he was his normal, happy cockatiel-self!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Glad he is home again with you. Funny how they have their little ways of giving the message to you :p

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
The cold shoulder cracks me up. :D The humans must be punished for the abandonment.

When we came home after our 2 1/2 week vacation last year (November and December) Joey completely blanked me, wouldn't look at me, take treats from my hand, nothing.... for all of just a couple minutes before running across his perch and up the side of his cage to get scritches through the bars. He must have really missed us, because the cold shoulder usually lasts longer.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww that's good! :D

I'm going away for a few days next month, luckily I'm able to bring the 'tiels if we're able to find a pet-friendly motel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts