Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go with Plukie's suggestion of Holly its such a pretty name thank you Plukie ;) but I have decided to spell is Hollie, Aly had suggested that and I was also thinking about doing that to keep it in the ie them with the rest of them so I think it will work :)
Now that we have a name...lol she seems to be settling in nicely I made up a plate of veggies today and she ate them so I was happy to see that I thought I might have a little trouble but she dug right in :p
One thing I find very odd about her is she doesn't like head scratches :eek: I have never met or heard of a tiel yet that doesn't like them everytime I try she moves away from me I am taking it she didn't get to many of those and is not use to them hopefully with a little work she will learn to love them like the rest do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sawyer doesn't like head scratches either. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't trust my hand near his face or if he just genuinely doesn't like them. He's let me do it a few times, but he didn't seem to enjoy it at all. Usually when I put my finger near his head, he just opens his beak and stares at my finger threateningly. :(

I keep trying, though, hoping he'll like them one day.

Don't think I commented in the thread with pictures of her, congratulations, she's a beauty. :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I love the name Hollie - too bad if she's a he. :p Cookie didn't seem thrilled with head scratches when i first got her, it took a few days of me being persistent before she would come looking for them. :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I like Hollie! I hope you're right and she's a she. hehe Ziggy doesn't really like head scratched when he's not on me. He LOVES them if he's cuddled on my chest with his head under my chin. Hopefully she'll realize what she's missing out on. He seems to let me do them now after watching Baby enjoy them.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am pretty sure she is a female pearl is sex linked and I believe neither of her parents showed visual pearl, females cannot be split to pearl so it would have come from her father making her a female so thats where I am getting the female from :p

I have noticed with mine Ollie and Minnie were younger when I got them and more bonded to me and cuddler where as Georgie and Hollie were older when I got them and require a little more work to this day Georgie is very standoffish with us but still enjoys head scratches, I am hoping that Hollie will not be as standoffish as Georgie, Hollie will let me pick her up likes to be on my chest and up into my hair, but has a hard time stepping up and when she does step up she starts flapping like she is trying to fly away and doesn't enjoy head scratches she acts like what are you doing to me its the early days so I am sure she is just getting use to us.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hope Hollie does start to enjoy head scratches and becomes more use to you. :D You will need to add Hollie to your siggy:) That is were Bea comes in:D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
LOL!!! Yes, when you've got the photos you want me to use i'll be happy to make you a siggy with Hollie included.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Hollie is a great name for her :D Just make sure not to get anymore tiels for atleast a year or Bea will start to get blisters from all that drawing ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts