Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had ever used these. I was given some and it looks pretty interesting... It's kind of a huge bag... I've heard of people freezing small portions of chop and then defrosting for 24 hours before feeding... That should work with this, right?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've personally never used it, but to me, something that says that it's "for all birds" doesn't sound like a good idea. All birds have different nutritional needs, so there isn't a "one size fits all" food for them. But like I said, I don't have any personal experience with the food itself. If it were me, though, I wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've tried it. I ended up making the whole bag, but Schubert wasn't interested in it after a few bites and had to throw it away. It sounds like a good treat, but my bird just didn't care for warm mushy food, lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I make my own sort of thing like this, as for the "for all birds" comment. it isn't meant to be a major part of their diet, mine get 1-2 tsp of it in the morning and then they have pellets 24/7 and seeds every day in their foraging dishes. They also get veggies every day. Yes you can make a big batch and then freeze it, I thaw enough for about 2 days at a time and then when I feed the last I put another dish in the fridge to thaw for the next day. My birds love it and holler for their mash in the mornings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts