·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Shelby and me and my fiance Richard have 5 cockatiels

Skipper
Male
Pied
The first cockatiel I got... from a family friend when they moved. He is 28 years old. He sings Andy Griffith

Leo
Male
Grey
mate: Gemini
We rescued him from a horrible pet store, he looked very bad and the lady strongly believed he was a girl but we found that he was a boy instead. He is doing much better now.

Gemini
Female
Grey/Pearl
mate: Leo
Richard surprised me with her and Cali one day. This girl is an egg layer although she hasnt layed any since we got her. She absolutely loves riding on the ceiling fan, no matter how fast its going.

Calypso(Cali)
Female
Grey
Got her at the same time as Gemini. She is really sweet and loves to be around people and lands on heads. She gets mad if you dont scratch her on the head 24/7 though.

Angel
Male
Whiteface/Pied/Cinnamon
The most recent addition to the family. He is excessively lovable and is constantly landing on someone. He loves to cuddle and be scratched on the head. He makes sounds like a car alarm and sings like wild birds.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Welcome aboard.. great crew here! Sounds like you have an adorable crew there. :)

That being said.. I am a grandmother.. so here is my grandmother rant.
I have had a really long day.. so I'll say it. You let one of your birds ride on your ceiling fan no matter how fast it is going?? Are you nuts? Do you realize the injuries you could cause to that bird, not to mention the others flying around?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Wow, 28? That's about the oldest I've heard of, you must be doing a fantastic job of looking after your birdies! But the ceiling fan riding?! :eek: That's realllllly dangerous. They could get seriously hurt if they get hit by the blades. Welcome to the forum though, we'd all love to see pics ;)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Welcome to the forum:) would love to see pics!!!

But I agree with dyarianna I wouldn't let me birds anywhere near a ceiling fan thats turned on, they are so dangerous to birds!!! I recall somebody not too long ago lost their parrotlet to a ceiling fan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard.. great crew here! Sounds like you have an adorable crew there. :)

That being said.. I am a grandmother.. so here is my grandmother rant.
I have had a really long day.. so I'll say it. You let one of your birds ride on your ceiling fan no matter how fast it is going?? Are you nuts? Do you realize the injuries you could cause to that bird, not to mention the others flying around?
sorry I should have specified, the motor on the fan isnt actually running
I spin her on it....and sometimes she will land so hard on purpose it will spin by itself... she loves it

i would never do anything that is harmful like that, I should have been clearer :eek:

but thank you for being concerned

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Ohhhhhh haha :p still be careful noone gets hit though.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here!

·
Registered
223 Posts
He he! You had us worried! My Cherub actually does the same thing. Welcome to the forum, your little family sounds awesome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts