Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Hi

552 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Daytontiel 
#1 ·
Hiya I am new here and this is my first post and be my first post I need a bit of help and advice I brought a Cockatiel I brought a cockatiel from a pet shop But the pet shop said that They bring it to me as of all the restrictions and I couldn’t drive so obviously I didn’t go to the pet shop myself anyway this little baby cocktiel come to me last Sunday very cute and lovely but when the man brought him to me he said yeah I need to finish him off weaning As that’s what they recommend for new owners to bond with his on 2 feed a day here let you know when he’s hungry I was like oh okay and he said he’s been eating by himself and took my money and went in the car and he was gone I didn’t think no more of it but I forgot to ask how old He was how many week he was he give me a syringe and he said the bird would know what to do Just mix food make it so it’s running and Put it in he mouth and the bird will take which he does ... the bird not eating anything by himself I rung the number to get help from petshop and found there no petshop and the number don’t exist anymore the bird cry all the time he left me the power that he was feeding him but I running out I order some what hope is right and ok and feel very helpless so I here hoping someone can help me I am uk Cambridgeshire
and I’m hoping no one will judge me As I know people be Horrible on the sort of sites

See less See more
#3 ·
Judging by the baby's feather, I think the baby is about 4-5 weeks old. Cockatiels in general weans at 8-12 weeks. There will be a few weeks hand feeding period before the bird is fully weaned. If the baby crying, feed more formula. I highly recommend buying a digital accurate gram scale. You need weigh the baby every day.

Read the feeding and weaning will help you:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.