Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My name is Paula, AKA JoJo's mom... I recently lost my beautiful JoJo- and I miss him so much. He was a talker and a singer, so my house is very quiet now.
I also have a :grey: budgie, named BlueBelle. She learned some phrases and songs from JoJo in spite of the fact that I have heard that female budgies don't talk. She is not tame, never could no matter what I tried. But I love her and once in a while she graces me with hopping on my hand for some millet.
Anyway, I live in Idaho and love all the birds here too. Thanks for accepting me! Hope to make friends with you!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome. :) Sorry for your loss of JoJo. May he fly free.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I lost two untamed young cockatiels and it broke me. Took me a long time to buy two new birds. I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are not a bird people, folks do not understand. But we all do. Will you buy another cockatiel do you think?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lost two untamed young cockatiels and it broke me. Took me a long time to buy two new birds. I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are not a bird people, folks do not understand. But we all do. Will you buy another cockatiel do you think?
I know what you mean Lillyvon- I lost my budgie two years ago, the groomer at the bird shop held him too tightly around the chest when she was cutting his nails, and that almost did me in. That's when I decided to go to a cockatiel. He was hand raised and tame from the first time I met him. He gave me a kiss right away and I knew he was mine. I am still wavering about getting a new one- my breeder has a new clutch of four and they are about 15 days old. We are going to go see them next week and I will see if I am ready. I have been praying on it and if its meant to be I am sure I will find the right baby. I miss JoJo so much and so does Bluebelle, she calls to him constantly.
Thank you.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome Paula. I'm so sorry for your loss of JoJo. Fly free little one.... :angel:

If you need to talk about JoJo feel free to. It's hard to talk to other people about. Non-bird people don't get just how devastating it is to lose our babies like Lillyvon said. :(

I'm sure JoJo was very happy to have been loved so much.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Paula. I'm so sorry for your loss of JoJo. Fly free little one.... :angel:

If you need to talk about JoJo feel free to. It's hard to talk to other people about. Non-bird people don't get just how devastating it is to lose our babies like Lillyvon said. :(

I'm sure JoJo was very happy to have been loved so much.
Thank you Kiwi, you are so right- no one but fellow bird lovers quite understand. He was such a lover, always wanted to be close to me. Then he wanted to get down and explore. His little heartwings were so cute. His non stop chattering and singing are what I miss most, and of course his kisses.
I find myself crying so often. I just lost my mom six months ago, and now JoJo. :pearl:
Sorry to go on about it- I just miss him terribly. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That is a terrible loss to lose both of them in such a short time frame... I'm so sorry. :(

These little guys work their way into your heart, they're the most loving little ones. It takes a long time to heal from a loss like that. So take as much time as you need. They're your baby, I would miss them too...

·
Registered
878 Posts
I just saw your thread - so sorry about your loss of JoJo :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts