Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but not new to cockatiels. I am glad to find a site devoted to them. I used to breed 'tiels years ago but haven't had any for years. I stay home now to care for my elderly Dad. A few weeks ago a freind gave me a pair of 'tiels (Abby and Gus). He looks like a normal but I think he's split for Cinnamon and Pearl. She is a Cinnamon. It got me fired up again within a month I had 6 more birds. I got a whiteface baby that still needed handfeeding (Slate). A 5 year old bonded pair (Sweet Pea and Spot). He looks normal but is split to Cinnamon, Pearl, Lutino and whiteface. A wild whiteface pearl male (named him Auzzie). A year old Cinnamon Whiteface hen (Named her Fawn) and a Cinnamon Whiteface Pearl hen. I named her Harriet as she will probably end up with Auzzie. I am nearly done with an aviary that will occupy a bay window and half the dinning room. I'm having a blast. So are they. A few of them came from a breeder who seemed to thionk it was OK to have 40 birds in the same space I am providing for 8 and thought nothing of feeding them a whole package of crackers when she ran out of regular food. It took them a while to recognize seed as food. I give them beans, broccoli, spinach, sprouted seed, Qinoa spouted or cooked. Rice, Pasta, Millet, Pellets and of course cuttle bones and mineral blocks. I can't wait to see my whole flock flying together in the aviary and I'm sure the competition for food will get my poor cracker eaters to realize that beans are good things to eat. So far they go untouched but I keep trying. Wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts