Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Kelsey
Just dropping a little note to everyone. I would love to meet some people on here and get to know everyone. I had a cockatiel in the past (Tweety), he past when I was about 12 years old. I recently decided to get another cockatiel, remembering just how fun they are and how i missed having a bird in the house.

I haven't quite picked out a name for "it" yet. I was told "it" was a boy, but by the markings and coloring I'm thinking it's a girl, will be taking him/her to the vet soon to get that cleared up. I have come up with the name Willow and it has really stuck with me.

I bought Willow from a pet store (Animal City) they actually breed their birds in the store, hand feed them, and play with them all day. So Willow was pretty used to being picked up and stuff :D Willow was born on March 5, 2012 and I purchased him June 22, 2012.

The first day I bought him home, he was all over my shoulders, on top of my head, completely fine with human interaction and such. (He actually hated when I took him off of my shoulder!) He loves to sit on top of his bird cage and sit at the window and look out(that's when he's his happiest)

He has now been home 3 days, he's still getting used to everything, he's pretty quiet for the most part. My dogs are getting used to him, as well as Willow getting used to the dogs. My dogs don't seem to bother him(I have 3) One of my dogs will sit at his cage and just stare in astonishment at the bird.

I'm afraid he isn't eating, although I could be wrong.He loves to eat out of my hands and such, but I'm not sure about if he eats in his cage? I keep him out almost all day, I love interacting with him.

The lady at Animal City told me that he would hate going in his cage, he would stay at the bottom, because he wasn't used to being in a cage, he was in an open space with other cockatiels. But he likes being in his cage and he hates being down low, he has got to be at the highest part of wherever he is.... such as the highest perch in his cage, or if he's out of his cage, he likes to be on top of my head, or on top of his cage.

I absolutley love having a bird, I'm very excited that i got another cockatiel. Can't wait to see how he grows and acts as he gets older. I'm very excited to teach him things and all that good stuff.

But like I said I'd love to meet some people on here and interact with other people with cockatiels all around the world! :)

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I saw your pics of Willow and s/he is adorable. I am very familiar with Animal City. I wouldn't rely on them saying he is a boy. You will either have to wait until s/he molts or get a DNA test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts