Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I adopted two normal grey females about two months ago. Unfortunately they were from a hoarding/neglect situation and are pretty scared of everything. They hiss at my hand and we I cannot hold them but I still love them unconditionally :) They have settled in a little but we have a long way to go. I have lived with 3 cockatiels before and also worked at a pet store so I am not entirely new to these lovely birds. I found this page from googling and have read quite a few threads. I look forward to being a part of the forum :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Good on you for rescuing some 'tiels in need :thumbu:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome from Milo and me! Kudos to you for adopting two special birds. You have a big heart <3

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome!
You have a big heart :)
In this forum you will have everything you need. Feel free to ask!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I knew I always wanted to adopt two females as they seem to be an afterthought to many people. With the girls never being handled they had even less of a chance. The names are Appolonia and Otilia. They were also two male tiels from the same property as well as many other types of animals. The two males were adopted right away. I happened to look on the Humane Society website on the right day and got lucky :clap:

They have gone to being scared of everything to having separation anxiety when I left the room. Now they adopted my meal schedule. Sometimes they are little divas and get mad if I give them pellets and fresh food without an extra treat like millet/seed. Appolonia is younger and loves trying anything new She leaves the cage to hang outside of it or fly around. Otilia is older and had her crest up all day until a couple weeks ago. She still won't venture outside the cage but I am hoping that changes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi there! Welcome from Percy and me :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi and welcome

I love these forums. Some days I am just a stalker, but days like today I am big talker.

Bless you for taking in those sweet girls. I hope they calm down soon and allow you to cuddle with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts