Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm Sammy and I am an artist living in Norwich in the UK. I have one female cockatiel called Haiku. She is hand-tame but a little shy (clearly wants attention/proximity but then sometimes does not know what to do with it when she gets it!). I moved house 2 months ago and we have a bit of an excessive flock calling problem at the moment (even when I am in the room!) but I managed to find a couple of old threads on here giving great advice and I know that as soon as we get back in a routine of having regular shoulder time and/or constructing a play gym away from the cage it will be much better.

Overall, she is a settled and happy bird, very attached to me (preferred human) and to my boyfriend. Her cage is in the living room where the TV and computer are. I work from home now in the same room. Does anyone else on her keep a lone female? Is it very different from keeping a lone male? We lost her brother (who was a bit of a bully) about a year ago and I sometimes wonder if I should get another bird or whether that would be double trouble! Anyway, I am excited to be a part of this forum and be able to chat about all things bird-related!

:lutino:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey there! Cool that you're an artist - I'm one, too! Welcome both of you to the forum :D

Unfortunately I don't have a lone bird - I have six (soon to be seven if the stars align themselves for me, LOL) and deal with the chaos of having multiple brats of different species.

Hopefully you can get an answer to your questions. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Haiku from Joey and me. :) He's an only child, so I don't have an answer to the question.

We're set to move house next weekend, and I am sure we are going to be back to quite a bit of flock calling when we do. Our current place, he can see me when I am in the kitchen, but at the next he won't. We went through this once already when we had an open plan kitchen/dining/living room. Currently we have a tiny kitchen and his cage is located where he can see in. We survived it before, and we will survive it again. :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome to you from Percy and me! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts