Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been attending McCann and studying Medical Billing and Coding. It takes up a lot of my time and is actually a full time job in itself.

I decided it was time to get back on the forums. I miss talking to other bird owners. So here I am, back.

:pearl:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am back

Welcome back to the forum. WOW you have a lot of birds!!! How do you manage to take care of them all? I think it would be great to have a house full of feathered friends! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an unfortunate loss of birds about a year ago due to purchasing contaminated romaine lettuce from a local organic farmer. He must have been using unclean water to rinse his produce and many of my birds died of coliform bacterial poisoning. It was very devastating to my mental health and I withdrew a lot from the forums because of the loss. Then my Mother died and that was a blow, of course, and the money she used to contribute to the upkeep of the house stopped and I am faced with losing my home. I saw my doctor who helped me deal with my increased depression, and we also worked out I needed to go back to school so I can take a high paying desk oriented job and keep my home. So, I started McCann School back in April of 2014.

In December of 2014, I fell in the snow and really injured my left leg and I am just now getting back to school after physical therapy recovery.As usual, it is the care I owe my birds and cats that has kept me plugging away at getting better after my injury. I will return to school in July.

Taking care of the birds is a big job, but I do have a little help, once a week, from Emmie CAG's actual owner. She comes over and helps me clean cages and floors and do the harder repairs. Things are doing better and I expect they will continue to get better.

I am ready to get on with life.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome back to the forum! :)

So sorry to hear about the loss of some of your birds. I hope things will get better for you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts