Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've had my 'tiel and birds in general for years now but never bothered to join a bird forum until now. I've had my 'tiel since summer 2013. She was 3 when I got her (not exactly sure of her age since she was a commission from the petstore and I wasn't her first home) so she's about 7 or 8 now. :tiel5: She's not much of a talker or whistler (I can't whistle myself); I trained her to tweet a loose interpretation of "pretty bird" and she sometimes tweets the sound of her name but that's it, not that females generally talk that much. She's been a great little friend and recently I've been considering getting another female to be her cagemate so she's not lonely when I'm out (I have a house sparrow who lives in a nearby cage so she's not completely alone but I'd like her to have a cagemate and physical companion) so I decided to join a forum and get some advice.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same thing with my bird was wandering weather to get her a companion as she home alone in the day but wasn't sure as man in pet store said she would become less tame and it made me have doubts as I love her fussy nature but do hate her being on her own even though I do leave a radio or TV on for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts