Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the cockatiel world! I’ve had 2 budgies for quite a while. But last October I “found” a cockatiel wandering down the middle of the street a few days after Hurricane Zeta hit my area. He was hungry and tired, he didnt try to fly so I assumed his wings were clipped. But after some food and a good night’s rest he flew! I tried to find his family, FB, vets, etc. but no luck. I’ve had him for 4 months now and im completely in love! Last month he suddenly began to talk! He tells me ‘Good morning, how are you?’ When I uncover his cage in the morning! We are making slow progress with handling, he will sit on my head, eat from my hand (millet) but still bites if i get too close. Im considering getting him out with my budgies but they are a closely bonded pair so im not sure how that will go. But he seems to want to interact. Maybe i should consider another Tiel? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Hello from Texas and welcome to the forum! Your story was very interesting about how you met your beautiful bird! I've always had a soft spot for the whiteface mutation. Yours looks A LOT like my buzz! Out of the 12 tiels we have in our flock, Buzz is my all time favorite as he has closely bonded with me. He says "what ya doin" "I'm a pretty pretty bird" and whistles his rear off! He also sings a little song we taught him. As to your question. I really know very little about budgies but since you say your pair are bonded, I'd would be very cautious. I heard some people say there budgies and teils get along great and I've heard others say budgies DON"T get along well with tiels. If you have the room and desire, I think I would consider another tiel. What do you call your new found friend? Here is a picture of my Buzzy Bird.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Hello from Texas and welcome to the forum! Your story was very interesting about how you met your beautiful bird! I've always had a soft spot for the whiteface mutation. Yours looks A LOT like my buzz! Out of the 12 tiels we have in our flock, Buzz is my all time favorite as he has closely bonded with me. He says "what ya doin" "I'm a pretty pretty bird" and whistles his rear off! He also sings a little song we taught him. As to your question. I really know very little about budgies but since you say your pair are bonded, I'd would be very cautious. I heard some people say there budgies and teils get along great and I've heard others say budgies DON"T get along well with tiels. If you have the room and desire, I think I would consider another tiel. What do you call your new found friend? Here is a picture of my Buzzy Bird.
Bird Eye Beak Parrot Feather

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I named him Zeta, after the storm that brought him to me. He sure does look like your Buzzy! Handsome birds! He is a character too. He sings in the morning and evening. Some times he says other things but i cant make it out. Thanks again for the welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.