Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings everyone! My name is Elle, I am 14 years old, and most importantly I love birds! I own a darling 3.5-year-old female lutino cockatiel named Ducky, a rambunctious 2-year-old green cheek conure named Kermit, and two cute little budgies named Bluebell and Pearl. I鈥檝e owned birds since I was 9 when I got my first budgie, Bluebell, over 5 years ago. I am looking forward to learning all about your cockatiels and discussing them with you 馃檪

Here are some pictures of my flock:
(Ducky is a plucker which is why she鈥檚 wearing the collar in one of the pics)

Attachments

Registered
Hello, Elle, and thank you for sharing your birdy pics :)
I hope you enjoy coming here - it looks like you have a handmade collar for Ducky - that's a lot nicer than the usual paper cutouts - someone put some time into that 'fashion accessory' ;) So.... welcome to you and your flock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)
We are getting a bigger collar for Ducky because she can still reach her legs. For now I made an extension out of plastic, which seems to work and her leg feathers are starting to grow back. Unfortunately, when I take the collar off she immediately starts plucking again... I wish I could give her the chance to preen but it never works because she can鈥檛 preen responsibly. Before Ducky got the collar, she had bare patches under her wings, on the sides of her neck, and on her legs, and she was just starting to pluck her chest. Now the only bare spots are on her legs and the rest have grown in.

Registered
Hi Elle. Welcome and thanks for the pics. Your birds are all very pretty. I love the pic of Pearl preening Kermit. Sooo cute�� I know u will enjoy this forum it has lots of useful information. I have a pied pearl. He/she is 6 months old. Don鈥檛 know if male or female but guessing girl since it seems most pearls r girls. Doesn鈥檛 matter they r all sweet!We had a green cheek but unfortunately she did year before last around Christmas.

Registered
Hi Elle. Welcome and thanks for the pics. Your birds are all very pretty. I love the pic of Pearl preening Kermit. Sooo cute馃挄 I know u will enjoy this forum it has lots of useful information. I have a pied pearl. He/she is 6 months old. Don鈥檛 know if male or female but guessing girl since it seems most pearls r girls. Doesn鈥檛 matter they r all sweet!We had a green cheek but unfortunately she did year before last around Christmas.

Registered
Well her name was Harley. She is not with us anymore. We have a new baby though and it鈥檚 name is Peanut for one we couldn鈥檛 think of anything cute and she was so small compared to the other one we had so we gave it the name temporarily but it kind of stuck. Lol. I鈥檝e been trying to download a pic of Peanut but it鈥檚 not wnanting to work for me tonight. Like I wrote last night it is a pearl pied. She is soo sweet! Well like I said I鈥檓 guessing it鈥檚 a she. Your Latino is very pretty I love the yellow. When my kids had one when they were small we named it sunshine. Because it was so bright and beautiful like yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts