Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on this website for less than a month, and I was not able to even welcome home my cockatiels before they both... disappeared? It is a strange feeling, I must say. I am still in denial, because I had just visited them 3 days ago. It's heartbreaking that the "bird room" of my home never got the chance to have the birds in it.

The story? A breeder had lied about the cockatiels' age and health, and sold them way before they had a chance at survival. The family business that had purchased them realized this too late, and had to break the news to me this morning.

It's not the family's fault. And I am not blaming breeders.

There were many other birds that would benefit from the tiels' would-be home.

The family offered me a bird from an earlier group that was well into 3 months old. He flew onto my shirt.

I've named him Vie, the French word for life.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about this! That's heartbreaking. :cry:

I'm happy for you that you did find a little 'tiel to warm your heart. He definitely chose you.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
I too am sad to hear of your terrible experience. I'm just glad that you got a new tiel and hope you get many years together. While it may take some time, I'm sure you two will bond.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Don't hesitate to ask any questions, we're here to help with any queries you may have about your new little guy.

I'd love to see a picture of him if you have any pics yet. :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I too hope you enjoy Vie for many years to come, and am sorry for your loss of the other birdies.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,
That is very sad news. Things sometimes happen for a reason. Here's hoping your new pet will bond with and have the personality that is compatible with your own.

You will find your bird a great comfort and Vie will have you smiling and laughing every day. It is such as good name for a cockatiel as it describes the birds completely.

You might have to throw away your alarm clock because after a while you be woken every day by a little friend who lets you know he is awake and will and brighten your day.

There is no such thing as a dull home with a cocktatiel in it.

Oztiel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.