1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
;) Good post! Thanks for the links- I could never read too much about these babies!

Oh...and this had me laughing...for cockaroach prevention...:eek:good thing I don't have roaches!!!:p
Release small geckos in your home and aviary. Provide dishes of water for them to drink. They will feast upon the roaches at night in the late evening, and sleep out of sight during daylight hours.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I use liquid laudry soap to steam clean my carpets mostly because I had babies crawling on the floors. After I do a once over with the saop, I do it again with liquid fabric softner. Smells great and leaves the carpet soft for my tootsies...hehe

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Babi, be careful using liquid fabric softner-esspecially if they like to pick everything on the carpet like mine do.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I haven't done the carpets since we have had the birds and the kids don't normally crawl around anymore. My birds do pick everything out of the carpet, well the pellets they throw out of their cage...lol I do need to do the carpets soon though. I will omit the fabric softner.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I had to do mine recently too...it was just hot water and vinegar for me. I made alot of changes since I've had birds. When I first moved in we had an ant problem by the windows (we're on the 1st floor) and I had to improvise and used vinegar instead. It worked better then all the other stuff. I use vinegar for alot now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts