Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I just woke up an hour ago and then went to check on Latino. When I took him in my hands I noticed that he had blood on both of his nostrils. Thankfully there wasn't blood in he's cage but I don't know what could have caused the bleeding. Did he bumped into something, or just scratched himself? I don't know if this is it but yesterday I showered him for the first maybe it could be because of this. I really don't know how he could have gotten hurt. I'm worried he might die. Can someone please tell me if he'll be alright??

Here are some pictures of him :
Screenshot_20210430-125522_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210430-125402_Video Player.jpg

(I also noticed these light red stains on his stomach area and one of his wings. If you concentrate you can see a light red stain on his stomach. I checked he wasn't hurt there but he's skin was kinda red maybe he scratched it way to hard and that would have been what caused the bleeding?)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sounds like a case of possible night frights in his cage. Do you cover the cage at night? Cockatiels are notorious for cage (or night frights) They pretty much freak out and start flapping around trying to get out in the dark and crashing into everything IN the cage. One way to help ease this situation is to have a small night light in or near his cage where he can see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't cover the cage cauz I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to breath well. I leave the door open most of the time

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's not a very good idea leaving his door open. Cockatiels have very poor eyesight in the dark and he probably got scared and flew into something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts