Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cockatiel is 4.5 months old, we've had her for a month and a half. Everything has been going pretty well, she is still not super fond of pets and hasn't mastered "step up" yet, but seems pretty fond of me and my boyfriend.

Anyway, her poos have been pretty normal, but the past 2-3 days I've noticed that some of them are particularly watery. She'll have one normal poo, then two watery poos, or a normal then watery, and so on.

She's also been acting a little more nippy the past few days. The books I've read say that this is kind of their "adolescent" age, so she might just be a moody teenager.

I'm mostly concerned with the poo. Do these poos look normal? (3 attachments) Should we take her to the vet?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's been fed cockatiel seed mixture, Pretty Bird Cockatiel select pellets, and some new yogurt covered sunflower seed treats for training

·
Registered
8 Posts
They look a bit too watery to me. Possibly a little upset tummy. With my cockatiels when they have watery droppings I sometimes give them a little piece of spray millet as a home remedy and that seem to work most of the time. Millet is not their normal diet and they only get it occasionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.