Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cookie, my cockatiel, is over-addicted to millet. He throws tantrums and only eats something if it includes millet. He shouts and throws tantrums until he eats 2 tablespoons of millet. One day, a millet stick fell into his cage and I didn't notice. After eating the whole thing, he was the sweetest little angel. He would never shout, only made cute chirps and noises. He was so kind, until the next day, where he started shouting again for more millet. Its always the millet. He is never shouting for anything else. After you give him millet, he calms down. He doesn't care if he just crashed into a window; all he cares about is millet, millet, millet. He almost never eats anything if it isn't millet. He also never eats if I am out of the room, (unless it's millet) and I have no idea what to do. How am I supposed to get him to eat other things when he won't even eat other seeds?! I have tried everything, I have tried showing him that seeds are tasty and making a big deal out of it, I have tried not giving him millet at all, I have tried mixing millet with his other food, there is literally nothing left to try. He only wants millet. There hasn't been one day where he has shouted and thrown tantrums for millet. No matter how much he eats, he only and only wants the millet. Help me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.