Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little guy, the last born on october first, his crop is full of air like a balloon! what do i do? what does this mean?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will post pics asap, they may not be the best :( my camera is crap

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im no breeding expert, but this is sour crop....

i will see what i can find for you
ok, thank you so much, i always check on them during the day, but i dont clean the box until night and upon taking him out is when i noticed i wish i had known earlier!

·
Registered
13,610 Posts

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
ok good. if you arent sure what to do or are unable to do anything... see a vet. thats all i can give, ive never experienced this myself

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, i see a lot of this has to do with formula feeding, would it empty the crop the same way for a parent fed baby? so i massage the crop while holding the baby upside down and then once every thing is out use the alka seltzer remedy?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as far as i can tell we do not have an avian vet anywhere close to where i live

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i'm not really too sure as ive never done it myself. but thats what i could find for you.... i hope srtiels can help here soon

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would also like to know if i should remove the baby from the parents to prevent them feeding it. all the bigger ones make the growling type sound when being feed and i think he is the one in there cheeping to be feed.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
ok relax. i think you should try the emptying of the crop. you need to get the sour stuff out.

taking a closer look at the photos he also seems dehydrated, so you will want to make the recipe for the lactated ringers for after

1 - 20 of 36 Posts