Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My little boy, Pi, is about just over 8 months old and very anti-social. He's always been very attached to me as I hand raised him but he is very aggressive towards every other person.

Although he was raised around other people being around, he will hiss at everyone who isn't me if they walk near his cage or try to approach him. He often sits with me while I'm watching TV, working, gaming, and just about everything else, however, if my boyfriend is sitting next to me he will climb off my shoulder towards my boyfriend, climb up to his shoulder and then hiss and attack him if he moves or tries to put him back on my shoulder.

Is there anything we can do to train this behaviour out of him or help him be more social towards other people?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lily & Pi :grey tiel:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there, your 'tiel Pi sounds a lot like my boy Coco. He acted like this when he was younger (he's 5 years old now) but has gradually grown out of it, except when he gets hormonal.

You may want to check out this thread on hormone control. Males will get agressive when their hormones are ramped up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.