Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A baby cockatiel was hand fed and the formula was pushed down the left side of the cockatiels mouth. Did it go down the wind pipe? What do I do? I’m so scared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

A baby cockatiel was hand fed and the formula was pushed down the left side of the cockatiels mouth. Did it go down the wind pipe? What do I do? I’m so scared.
I read something online about aspiration pneumonia and I’m so scared now. Please help.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I read something online about aspiration pneumonia and I’m so scared now. Please help.
Did you check it's crop to see if the food went down? You have to be CAREFUL when feeding something so tiny and delicate. And yes, they can aspirate if not fed properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check it's crop to see if the food went down? You have to be CAREFUL when feeding something so tiny and delicate. And yes, they can aspirate if not fed properly.
I think it did. The bird has been pooping normally since the feeding. I know, my father was the one who fed it through the wrong side.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Again, you have to use caution when trying to feed newborns. While it's not hard, one has to be knowledgeable when attempting to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts