Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help dad has trampled this egg and top of the shell has come off baby is still moving and still seems to be inside the sac but has not absorbed the yolk I’ve put him inside an incubator is there anything else I can do to better his/her chances ?
Food Tableware Ingredient Fluid Cuisine

·
Registered
cockatiels
99 Posts
I think you have don the rite thing that’s all you can do and hope
The baby in egg doesn't look like matured enough to survive, but maybe there is hope. Please let me know how this pans out. Must have been a soft shelled egg, perhaps the last laid! I've never been a breeder, just an owner of tiels for 20 years. I'm not prepared to go through the greatness or heartbreak of breeding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Put Undeveloped egg back in the incubator and leave lt alone until he comes out.
From the picture it looks like the air sac and chick our uncompromised. It should work out OK. Just leave it alone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Help dad has trampled this egg and top of the shell has come off baby is still moving and still seems to be inside the sac but has not absorbed the yolk I’ve put him inside an incubator is there anything else I can do to better his/her chances ? View attachment 94366
Hi sorry it won't survive , not mature enough ,the shock will kill it bacteria getting in , sounds like your cock bird is an immature bird or something has upset him , did you keep looking in the box, I don't look until the hatching date and only if both birds are out of box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts