Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from (not-so-)sunny Cambridgeshire, I'm Dan and these are my new 8-week old baby boys coming out of their travel box :) I'm not decided on names yet... they are both hand-reared but the grey is much more outgoing and will happily climb all over me, whereas the whitefaced is more timid and won't step up although he will take millet from me.

These are my first birds, apart from the family budgie when I was much younger. I've done lots of reading to try and prepare but there's always something unexpected, like their squabble over the one food bowl last night - won't be making that mistake again. I've got a few weeks off work to get them (and me) settled in, wish me luck :)

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are they from the same clutch? How do you know they are both boys? I love hand-reared birds. My local rescue centre has a lutino boy which I would love to re-home but I forgot to ask if he was tame. They didn't have any history for him so I will have to call again and check. He looked so forlorn.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ah, I remember that terrifying exciting new bird owner feeling! It's great you've got some time off to acclimatise. This forum is great for info - welcome! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they from the same clutch? How do you know they are both boys? I love hand-reared birds. My local rescue centre has a lutino boy which I would love to re-home but I forgot to ask if he was tame. They didn't have any history for him so I will have to call again and check. He looked so forlorn.
They're from different clutches, hatched a couple of days apart and kept together for the last few weeks. The breeder had them all DNA tested, they are almost certainly male.

Ah, I remember that terrifying exciting new bird owner feeling! It's great you've got some time off to acclimatise. This forum is great for info - welcome! :)
Thanks - I felt a little out of my depth yesterday but they seemed content enough today so I'm a bit more relaxed :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! Beautiful babies! :excited:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi, and welcome! They are both adorable! I too have a male who is now 11 weeks old, named Milo. They are such wonderful birds to have. You will enjoy them I am sure! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts