Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Hello.

3K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  Laura 
#1 ·
Hello I've been a member of this forum for a while but I hadn't introduced myself . These are my tiels . I've been told both are girls. They dont have names right now because I wanted to be sure of the sex before I named them but I'll be naming them soon since everyone says they are girls :).

I've only had tiels for a short time but they have always been my dream birds . I am supposed to get more tiels soon. Hopefully all goes as planned and I'll get to expand the flock. Below are pictures of the tiels I am getting (left) and of their parents (right).

Edit:pictures were resized so the ones I am getting are on top and the parents pictures are below them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there I am glad you introduced yourself and are showing off your beautiful tiels they are adorable :D.
The pictures of the babies are to cute, I counted 4 will you be getting all 4 of them, lucky you ;) that will be some beautiful flock you have, I would love to expand my flock I would like to get a third but I am restraining myself the breeder I got my two from has more babies right now...lol

#3 ·
All of them are too cute, I just love that first baby tiel....:D

#6 ·
looking at them physically its almost impossible to tell, you can always try and go by behaviour although thats been known to be wrong as well, I got my female first and having nothing to compare it to I wasn't sure what she was other then through dna but when I got my second shortly after it was more obvious my female other then loud contact calls is fairly quiet my male who is about 13 wks is a big chatterbox even when he was younger I could tell he was a male he would make all kinds of little noises and whistles .

#13 ·
I dont know :( it saddens me though .The breeder posted those on the site . I saw more tiels that I want but i'm going to have some self-control(or try really hard) and see the health of the tiels when they are delivered to me and other stuff like that before I put deposits down on other birds.

#17 ·
Well I could get 1 by 1 but it would be 125 per bird to have them shipped and its 125 for up to 4 birds so i'd rather wait a while then spend a couple hundred bucks that I could have saved. And yes im really excited I just hope the flight isn't till after next thursday because I am short a couple bucks and I dont get paid till wednesday if not I could probably borrow from my parents but i'd rather not do that.

#21 ·
I let my budgies and tiels have my room and I sleep on the couch now :).Soon I am going to move my budgies into a small outdoor aviary...if I ever build it .And I'll have my tiels either in another small outdoor aviary or indoor. I'm not sure yet. I still do not know the flight date and time its driving me crazy but I should get them soon...

#23 ·
So it's been a week since they last wrote me so hopefully I'll be getting an email soon....I was getting worried because they had not had any updates on their site .Today they put some updates on some birds up and changed the status of the whiteface lutino to "under deposit" so I should be getting that one in 2-3 months :(.Hopefully they get more babies soon so I can get a couple more with that one .I keep checking my email every 10 minutes but still no email with the flight date/time. I'll be sure to take tons of pics ..If I get them...

#29 ·
I finally found a phone number but I'm going to wait until Sunday before I call or email again because that's when she said they would be ready...I got paid yesterday so I now have all the money I need for the gas and stuff like that .Now I'm just waiting for a flight date and time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.