Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I've been a member of this forum for a while but I hadn't introduced myself . These are my tiels . I've been told both are girls. They dont have names right now because I wanted to be sure of the sex before I named them but I'll be naming them soon since everyone says they are girls :).

I've only had tiels for a short time but they have always been my dream birds . I am supposed to get more tiels soon. Hopefully all goes as planned and I'll get to expand the flock. Below are pictures of the tiels I am getting (left) and of their parents (right).

Edit:pictures were resized so the ones I am getting are on top and the parents pictures are below them.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Hi there I am glad you introduced yourself and are showing off your beautiful tiels they are adorable :D.
The pictures of the babies are to cute, I counted 4 will you be getting all 4 of them, lucky you ;) that will be some beautiful flock you have, I would love to expand my flock I would like to get a third but I am restraining myself the breeder I got my two from has more babies right now...lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
All of them are too cute, I just love that first baby tiel....:D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Your two girls are gorgeous! :D So are the babies you are getting. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
looking at them physically its almost impossible to tell, you can always try and go by behaviour although thats been known to be wrong as well, I got my female first and having nothing to compare it to I wasn't sure what she was other then through dna but when I got my second shortly after it was more obvious my female other then loud contact calls is fairly quiet my male who is about 13 wks is a big chatterbox even when he was younger I could tell he was a male he would make all kinds of little noises and whistles .

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
hello and welcome. you have a beautiful bunch there. I'd love to get more myself like a lutino but just can't. not right now anyways. Who knows what i will get some day tho. i love the whiteface baby. i love not seeing the orange on the face. Make the body and face match so well . Although orange is a very pretty color on tiels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They were born in
8/1/07
7/12/07
8/4/07-
7/02/07
I'm pretty sure the date matches with the order the pics are in :).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know :( it saddens me though .The breeder posted those on the site . I saw more tiels that I want but i'm going to have some self-control(or try really hard) and see the health of the tiels when they are delivered to me and other stuff like that before I put deposits down on other birds.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
yeah thats weird you would see pic's of all of them but one, I know that feeling of wanting more...lol I have two and long for a third but I am controlling myself the breeder I get mine from has more babies right now and its really tempting ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So its about one more week till I get the 4 tiels .So I was just browsing around the site and they had a whiteface lutino hen so of course I went ahead and put a deposit down on her so it looks like I'll be getting a couple more in 2 months :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
most people just get one and then add more, your just getting them all at once...LOL ;) :D one more week you must be getting excited to finally have them home

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I could get 1 by 1 but it would be 125 per bird to have them shipped and its 125 for up to 4 birds so i'd rather wait a while then spend a couple hundred bucks that I could have saved. And yes im really excited I just hope the flight isn't till after next thursday because I am short a couple bucks and I dont get paid till wednesday if not I could probably borrow from my parents but i'd rather not do that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts