Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have got my cockatiel today . He is hand tame but loves to have a go at anything gold that i wear earrings necklace and rings its not only mine its my wifes stuff too lol when she holds him . Other than that he is lovely but is so noisy when i put him back in his cage. He can see the whole frontroom where he is. Any tips would be greatful will have a look around and read some other posts .

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum congrats on your new tiel, how old is he? ALL of them like to pick at jewelry mine love the earrings and rings especially ....lol if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask there is a lot of great people willing to help out :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Welcome to Talk Cockatiels! Your new tiel sounds cute! The funniest thing my Earl and Little Bill have done with jewellery, is Little Bill(budgie) was nibbling my earing and then he hung off it! LOL! :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure on age has full feathers but tail feathers are very short copies some whistles one wing clipped . but the lady in the shop said he was a male dont really care just liked the look of him . he is a normal grey one with yellow head and orange cheeks will post pics another time. And thanks

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Sounds like a male if he is copying whistles :D did they only clip one wing on him? he should really have both wings clipped, only having one wing clipped makes them lopsided

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had only one wing clipped when i got him and when he tries to fly he goes down to the ground like a brick lol. Is it normal to have a short tail or will it grow later as it is about a inch long at the mo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he has been called Jester . He wont shut up when he is in his cage but put him on top where we have some branches for him to climb on and he is quiet ish . will sort some photos out soon

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome. Aww, he sounds cute. :p

Just be careful with jewelry, sometimes the metal can be toxic, or other times the bird can eat pieces of it. It's not uncommon to hear of a bird eating someone's diamonds out of their earrings! :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would of posted a photo of jester but photobucket seems to be offline at the mo the wife took some photos with the kids today and they look nice

1 - 20 of 23 Posts