Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just discovered this forum! My name is Lisa and we love our cockatiels!

We have three:

* Couscous (also nicknamed Cousie) - she's a yellow/grey pearl and was our first cockatiel! We bought her from our local pet store who hand raises their birds. She was the only one that was really sweet and came up to my son's fingers and nibbled gently. haha

* Sunshine - our yellow/grey pied male. We wanted a friend for Couscous. I actually was looking for some other birds and was contacted by a rescue league to take him. He only loved himself in the mirror and hardly ate - he'd spend all day licking his image in the mirror. Sunshine now has a full life with us all, is Couscous' mate and he never sits in front of the mirror, except for an occasional stare at his handsome self in our bathroom mirror. :D

* Corinne - our new cinnamon girl. Her name is actually Corn (given by my silly son) but my daughter thought up the name Corinne (sounds close enough to Corn). Corinne was purchased at our local pet store where we moved. She was pre-owned and given to the pet store to resell. We'd been looking for a white tiel (still want one) and I had no plans to get another yellow bird. But this girl wolf-whistled at me when I walked into the store! Weetwoo! She stepped up on my finger and let me kiss her chest. I knew this was another bird for us.

I look forward to hanging out here. I like reading about others' birds, looking at their pictures and posting help and posting for help. I use the Livejournal cockatiel community too - it's great. But this community is so active and friendly-looking I couldn't resist signing up here.

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Hi Lisa
Welcome to the forum thanks for joining our lovely community and introducing yourself and your tiels :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I have some pictures to post of mine too. :D

Here's Couscous and Sunshine:

And Corinne:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Your tiels are so cute :love: thanks for sharing there pic's, as you will find out we love seeing pictutes on here...lol make sure you post lots in the cockatiel picture section :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts