Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my husband and I adopted a female whiteface pearl three months ago, and she's eight months old and our only pet. We're both 22, have been married for 3 and a half years, and are full time students. We've both bonded to her quite well, and I'm pleased to say that she accepts head scratches from both of us now; she's such a character! I figure this would be a good place for advice on certain things because we want to provide her with the best possible life. She absolutely loves her shower perch, the door to her cage is always open and she can come and go as she pleases (we keep a careful eye on her) and I find it odd that she doesn't move an inch from the spot she currently is in when we go out. Anyway, I'm transitioning her to a pellet diet (right now she's mostly eating seeds and veggies) so I may need some advice with that, but I'm mainly here to introduce myself and Nimbus.

Nice to meet you all, and I've included some pictures.
(And here's her myspace... yes we were bored >.> www.myspace.com/nimbuscockatiel)

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Clawsworth and Nimbus :tiel3: hehe :D, welcome to TC. Your bird is such a cutie :), this site is really cool and there are heaps of awesome people :D, I hope you have a good time :D.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi there! I'm new to the forum as well.

You've got a very pretty girl, there!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi...and welcome :)

Nimbus appears to be a Whiteface Pearl Pied.

As to the diet...a varied diet is best, meaning seeds, pellets and veggies, and other foods she may like such as rice, etc.
Oh I wasn't sure if she was a pied as well... thanks! I'm also happy to say that she's eating her pellets consistantly now, and eats her veggies every night also. She's young so I'm glad it wasn't a hassle to get her used to a good diet. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts