Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm so excited to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! As far as bird experience, most of mine has been second-hand. I've been wanting cockatiels for several years now, but I wasn't in a situation where I could offer one a stable home until recently. I live with two of my best friends, and one of them has a pair of caiques I've gotten to know.

Mostly, I found out I definitely do not want caiques! lol They're very cute, but much more challenging than I'd like for myself, and with some encouragement, my roommate assured me that if I wanted tiels, they'd be a good fit for me, especially as a beginner to birds.

Here are my babies!

Both are around 3-4 months old, and their names are Ziggy (pied pearl) and Bowie (lutino), though Bowie's name may or may not change depending on if he turns out to be a girl, haha. I'm considering adding one more to our little family, but I'm in no rush. Hoping someday I can find one that looks like the tiel in my icon!

A little bit about me, I have a few other pets, including one dog, and three Blue Tongue Skinks, so I have a bit of a tiny zoo in my room, haha. I'm just a great big animal person, from cute and fluffies to creepy crawlies. :pf lovie:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Welcome!! Cute birdies. :) Love to see a picture of your skinks. I'm a huge reptile fanatic. I have a normal ball female and my next snake is going to be a blood python :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your babies are soo adorable! :love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Milo and I. Your tiels are super cute. The pearl pied looks just like my last bird, JoJo. You made a good choice going to tiels:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome from Percy and me! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts